Version and gameplay differences
In this port, the level structure has been altered in some stages, with paths in some areas having been changed or shortened.
- In the Factory Zone, the level ends shortly after the second vertical section, and the player is directly transported to the Big Fuzz boss fight.
- The Air Battle level (Stage 4) was removed entirely.
- Many of the enemy bosses and minibosses were removed. These include:
- In the last level, a total of three Demon Dragon God Javas are fought; this in order to compensate for the removal of two minibosses: Gomeramos King and Metal Alien.
- The two final bosses were removed: Living Brain Organism Searle and Six Men Feromedos, and the game ends immediately after defeating Emperor Demon Gava.
- All the weapons from the original Super NES game are featured except for the Laser Gun.
- The player no longer has the ability to hold two weapons, but can still carry and use Bombs with the SELECT button.
- When pressing ↓ on the directional pad, the player character crouches instead of adopting a prone position like in the original game.
- A strafing ability was included in order to compensate for the absence of rotation in both top-view stages
- The background music was changed in certain areas, particularly the main boss theme and in the second top-view stage.
- A password feature was added.
This version consists of four difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Maniac, with Easy mode cutting the game's length at the third stage. All three remaining modes yield the same ending.
The game features Super Game Boy support, which provides a custom color scheme and enhanced sound effects.