Wadders (超猛獣 ワーダ Chō Mōjū Wāda?, lit. "Ultra-Wild Animal Wadder") are recurring enemies in the Contra series. They are grotesque alien mouths growing on the hive's biomass that spew out Poisonous Insect Gels.
Wadders are grotesque mouth-like formations growing out from the alien nest's biomass. Their teeth are conformed only by fangs and can be seen incessantly chomping as if searching for something to eat.
When an intruder is detected inside the hive, they start vomiting out flying organic parasites known as Poisonous Insect Gels. These first come out slowly from the mouth and then launch themselves at great speed toward their prey.
Wadders can be destroyed in order to prevent them from populating the area with more Gels.
- Contra - Alien's Lair (Stage 8)
- Super Contra - Alien Area 3 (Stage 8)
- Contra III: The Alien Wars - Alien's Main Base (Stage 6)
- Contra: Hard Corps - Stage 6 (alien space ending)
- Contra 4 - Stage 9
- In the arcade version of Contra, Wadders appear as small faces instead of mouths.